Sunday, February 8, 2009

Where next for Project Rickroll 101?

OK, we've had 3 weeks of this, and so far I don't think anyone's even close to getting it. There's only one thing we can do to liven this up...


... I call RICKROLL RACE!



Here's how it works. I've been starting to repeat myself over the last few classes, and frankly some of the phrases are easier to pass off in a classroom context than others. Clearly I need to up the ante, to find some more challenging ways of Rickrolling my classes.



Well, here's where I am so far. Phrases I've already used to Rickroll a class are boldfaced:



We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy


I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand


Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you


We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching, but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it


And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see


Never gonna give you up (repeat)


Never gonna give you up (repeat)


(Oooooooh, Give you up)(Oooooooh, Give you UP)
Never gonna give, never gonna give(Give you up)



Here's the deal: I will try, in the course of subsequent classes, to incorporate EVERY lyric of this song into a lecture, seminar or tutorial.


If I complete this before anyone calls me on it, I win.


If you find me out before I complete the song, you win. (Finding me out involves a student coming up to me after class, and saying, "I know who you are, Professor Rickroll!", or some other similar way of revealing I am rumbled.)


The game is afoot!

1 comment: