Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update part 2

Two more classes today, apart from the lecture - comic theatre (this a small translation class), and a seminar on skills.

In the comic theatre class I shared some banter with a friendly student. "Are you being sarcastic, Professor X_____?" she asked. I replied, "We've known each other for so long! How could you expect anything else!"

In the skills seminar, once again, I began with a game as a teaching tool. One group didn't like the task I'd set them, and when it came time to report, they said, "We actually did something a bit different here - we didn't like what you wanted us to do." So when asking the next group to report, I began by saying "You knew the game and you're gonna play it. What have you got for us?"

By the way, I see that a few blogs have picked up on me over the weekend, and a (very) modest amount of interest seems to have been raised about who and where I am. Let me assure you, I'd love to get rumbled in a class! Apart from anything else, at least it would prove that people listen to me when I teach! I've no classes tomorrow, so I'll post again, explaining how I plan to move this project to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment